Enjoy a romantic bus and boat tour of the Wachau and Danube Valleys. Visit the Benedictine Abbey of Melk on this full-day tour from Vienna. Enjoy scenic views of your tour, and listen to imperial history come alive on the famous Blue Danube.
Take in the spectacular Austrian countryside dotted with vineyards, castles, abbeys and pretty villages
Discover the treasures of the Wachau Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Enjoy a romantic boat ride down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk (summer)
Visit Melk Abbey, an imposing Benedictine overlooking the Danube
Boat trip (summer only)
Entrance fee to Abbey of Melk
Food and drinks
Boat ride in winter
Operngasse 8, 1010 Wien, Austria
What To Expect
Experience a romantic sightseeing tour by bus and boat from Vienna, introducing you to the beauty of the Wachau and Danube Valleys. One of the most prominent tourist destinations in Lower Austria, the Wachau Valley is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site for its architectural and agricultural history, and it also attracts epicureans with its food and wine.
You will explore the River Danube as it flows around picturesque villages and steep vineyards. The many ancient castles testify to the former importance of the river as a trade and traffic route. One of these is the ruins of Dürnstein Castle, where, according to legend, Richard the Lionheart was kept imprisoned, and was eventually freed by his faithful minstrel Blondel.
You will take a romantic boat trip along the legendary Danube and go to the heart of the Wachau wine-growing region at the old city of Krems. A highlight of the tour will be a visit to the Benedictine Abbey of Melk, one of Austria's most famous Baroque buildings, and winner of the award for "Best Historic Destination of the World" in 2008.
There will be the possibility to stop at the Abbey Restaurant for lunch, and during the winter season, when the boat cruise is unavailable, this will be replaced with lunch in Melk.
Price & Availability
- Check availability calendar to see starting times & offers
- Meet 15 minutes before the tour starts at Operngasse 8 next to the Opernbrunnen (fountain)
- Infants must sit on laps
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund